A Cup of Matrix


A Big Picture. There is something about the Matrix movies that makes me want to work out until every one of my muscles is visible ('not going to happen). I want to fight for what's right, like Neo. I want to be Trinity. And, it's not just about the cool flowing coats and the slow anti-gravity moves. That story wakes a deep place and makes me long for supernatural ability to fight for what's true. When the end credits roll I am all pumped up to rail against the machine and offer freedom to humanity. It gets me all psyched; reminded that I do have a purpose, a supernatural ability, and something to fight for.


This past weekend included a day of rest, and times of reminding. Yes, I watched excerpts of the Matrix with my older son. But, I also experienced important God words spoken in my faith community, in worship. I heard strong teaching about the importance of fighting well, and not being discouraged. And I also sat in on a support group of healing women. Their stories reminded me that there is reason to persevere. Sunday was a profound and holy day. Because, in many ways I was prompted to remember why I'm on the planet, and what I am here to fight for ...


So, consider this post as a cup of matrix motivation. Here are some Monday quotes to get you going. It's a new week. You're in a new day. Don't give up. Persist.



There’s only one thing that can guarantee our failure, and that’s if we quit.

~ Unknown


Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.

~ James Michener


Fall seven times, stand up eight.

~ Japanese Proverb


Saints are sinners who kept on going.

~Robert Louis Stevenson


Difficult things take a long time, impossible things a little longer.

~Author Unknown


Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance, the race marked out before us.

~The Bible, (Hebrews 12:1)


Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson




MR. SMITH


"Why?! Why Mr. Anderson!? Why do you persist!?"


MR. ANDERSON


"Because I choose to."


(Matrix Revolution)



1 comments:

Heather said...

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

This quote hangs on our fridge and has huge significance to our family. Sometimes I see it so much that I forget it is there. Your post made me give it another look. Thanks for reminding me that the fight is really worth every second. You are such a blessing to this world. Love you, friend.
PS---And thanks for reminding me that I really need to work out more :)