Lemony Explosion

Today, Lucas and I made Lemon Cookies. And, I was reminded how the math of recipes can be confusing. For the record, doubling and tripling recipes can be particularly risky, especially when lemon juice is involved. We didn't intend to quadruple the amount of juice. It just kind of happened unwittingly, while we were talking. And there were too many ingredients already mixed in by the time the lemon juice incident happened. We couldn't ditch the whole project to start over. There would have been too much waste.
So ... 13 and 1/2 cups of flour later, we just made the biggest dang batch of lemon cookie dough our kitchen could hold!
Since our conventional stove went on strike last week, we are baking them one batch at a time in our micro-convection oven. By my math (which obviously isn't very good) we may be still be baking and freezing these sweet treats until ... um ... mid-September.
'Lemon cookie, anyone?
.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy this makes me! Why does goofiness love company? I don't think I can tell you how many recipes I've trashed. Top Prize was taken by "Cigarette Soup" (which was supposed to be Turkey and Barley Soup), and a close second was "Supremely Salty Soy Chicken". I'm sure your cookies TASTE wonderful, even if you do have more than any family can reasonably consume!

-adina

Kleigh said...

"Cigarette Soup" is TOO hilarious!!!

The Frazier Family said...

This is great! I remember when I was making oatmeal cookies when I was probably 13 or 14, and I put in wayyyy too many oats. My dad jumped in to help and made it all okay. I can't wait until Faith and Joel do the same!
-H